Refunds and Cancellations
Refund and cacellation policies are as follow:
Student reschedule or cancellationsBecause PFI is committed to quality courses with small instructor-to-student ratios, we book our instructors in advance. Therefore, we cannot issue refunds if you cancel. We can, however, issue a credit on account (with administration fees) if you must reschedule your course date. The fees are:
- More than 14 days’ notice: You can move to another course location and/or date with only a $75 administration fee. You can log into your account and cancel/change the course yourself.
- Less than 14 days’ notice: You can move to another course location and/or date with an administration fee of 25 percent of the total course cost. You must contact your instructor to do this.
- Seven days’ notice: You can move to another course location and/or date with an administration fee of 50 percent of the total course cost. You must contact your instructor to do this.
- Less than seven days’ notice or no notice: You may lose your full course payment. Please contact your instructor to do this.
The credit we issue will be with the instructor or company through which you original booked your course. For example:
- If you booked your course with PFI, the credit would be for any PFI courses you see on the schedule.
- If you booked your course with Evolve, the credit will apply to future Evolve courses.
PFI cancellationsWe do everything possible to avoid cancelling or postponing our courses. Sometimes, this will be unavoidable.
- Weather postponements: If to be cancel or postpone a course due to poor weather, we will substitute pool sessions for the ocean sessions. We will give you the option to finish any missing course segments at another date for only $25/day plus boat fees.
- Cancellations beyond PFI’s control: These are instances such in which a pool, boat, or open-water site cancels for reasons specific to them. In these instances, will substitute pool sessions for the ocean sessions. We will give you the option to finish any missing course segments at another date for only $25/day plus boat fees. If you need to finish missing course segments for reasons other than weather cancellations, you can do so for $75/day during a future course date.
- Insufficient attendance: PFI reserves the right to cancel any course date if there are less than six students registered. If this happens, PFI will give no less than two weeks’ notice of the change. We will do our best to help anyone inconvenienced by the change. This has only occurred a couple of times since we began running classes in 2000.
Private course cancellationsBecause PFI will have booked specific dates for your private group, there are no refunds or credits.
- If you need to change or cancel the course and we can fill the date, we will move the deposit or full payment to another date (minus a change fee as per the above schedule).
- If we cannot fill that date, then there will be no credit. The same applies to members of your group needing to cancel/change. You are still responsible for filling and providing PFI with payment for all spots.