If you have completed the Intermediate Freediver course and want to join the PFA Water Tribe as an Instructor, then the Pro Package is for you.
This includes: Safety Freediver, Freediver Supervisor, Assistant Instructor, and Freediver Instructor, all manuals and shirts for each program, and all at a discount.
Format/durationCourses are run consecutively over ten days and include everything from Safety Freediver, Supervisor Freediver, Assistant Freediver Instructor, and Freediver Instructor programs.
- Minimum age of 18 years
- PFI Intermediate Freediver certification, or…
- FI Intermediate Freediver or higher or equivalent from a recognized agency with PFI Freediver Crossover Exam
- Up to date (within two years) CPR, First Aid, O2 Administration, and AED certifications (documentation required)
- Be in good medical and physical condition and with above average swimming
For this course, you must have DAN (Divers Alert Network) Dive Accident Insurance. If you do not have this already, you can sign up on the DAN website.
Qualification of graduatesUpon successful completion of this program, graduates may participate as a lead Instructor in PFA or self-organized PFI freediving courses. Instructors can teach the following PFI programs: Safe Buddy, Snorkeler, Freediver, and related coaching and open line sessions.
Required equipmentStudents must supply:
- Low-volume mask
- Freediving bi-fins
- Full wetsuit (3 mm for warm water locations; 5-7 mm for cold water locations)
- Rubber weight belt and a small number of weights
- Timing device and a separate freediving computer
- PFI-issued course manual
CostPFA Freediver course prices vary by location, but start at $1,695. Graduates are also responsible for:
- Paying PFI membership fees
- Obtaining professional liability insurance (visit First Dive website)
LocationsSee our upcoming courses page for more information on when and where courses are happening. You can also contact PFA directly if you don’t see a course which fits your schedule.
Registration and payment detailsTo secure your spot in a course, we need to receive your registration and either a 50 percent deposit or full payment. Any outstanding course balance is due by the start of the course. See our course schedule to register.
By registering for a course, you also receive:
- Student Starter Kit
- Access to online portal including training tips, email access, and private PFI diving community
- Communication with staff/instructor to answer questions ahead of time
- Access to e-learning/pre-learning course materials